Hello there !
We use computers all the time.Installing applications over and over again can be a tedious process and a time-consuming one.But there are solutions to solve this problem.We can install many applications with just one click and everything is done by itself.Automated software installation is called “unattended installation”.Unattended installations provide us many benefits:
1) Do not consume our precious time
2) We are free to do other stuff
3) It’s faster etc
You can feel the power of the unattended installation ever more if you are a technician who performs installations almost all the day.
Let me show how can you do this yourself.Lets say you have 3 programs that you want to install unnattendedly.
For example : firefox.exe , vlc.exe and adobeflash.exe .
The switches of the programs for silent installations are as follows :
Firefox -> /s
Adobeflash -> –install
VLC -> /L=1033 /S /NRC
Create a folder and put your programs ( firefox ,adobe flash and vlc ) in a separate folder.Now open the notepad and write as follow :
start /wait firefox.exe /s
start /wait adobeflash.exe –install
start /wait vlc.exe /L=1033 /S /NRC
Now save the file with a name whatever you want but with an extension .bat .For example myinstallation.bat
Now place this bat file to the same folder with the programs.And whenever you double click the bat file you created, the installation is performed by itself.
Watch this video to see it in practice :
Hope it was helpful !
- Tips & Tricks
- Video Training
- Introduction to Digital Surveillance Systems
- Introduction to Domains
- Battery Buying Advice
- Introduction to Servers
- Powerline Networking
- Karthik on RAM problems
- Karthik on Protect usb drive from viruses
- abid on Bad processor – How to spot such a processor
- Ben on Why should your business adopt Windows 8
- Mark on Why should your business adopt Windows 8
- Free Full Computer Software
- Free programming video tutorials
- Great FREE Computer Tutorials
- Study in Sweden
- The best internet encyclopedia